Levante’s COVID-19 Strategy
Follow best Management and Public Health Practices
Our COVID-19 strategies included:
- Conveniently located hand sanitizing stations
- Adherence to directives and public health guidelines including physical distancing in all common areas
- Active screening and mandatory masks for all staff and visitors
- Ongoing staff Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) training and implementation
- Universal masking and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff
- Deep cleaning in high touch and common areas
- Recreation programs adjusted to meet physical distancing requirements and strong infection control practices implemented
- Staff that work at only one designated Levante residence
- Partner with others in the industry, hospitals, ORCA, RHRA to keep on top of PPE and other necessary medical supplies. Doing so, we were able to keep our residences well stocked.
- Practice good communication with residents and staff
Review and Revise your Outbreak Plan
Some of our strategies included:
- Prior to Covid, all retirement residences should already have a detailed outbreak plan in place that was regularly reviewed.
- Upon Covid, we revised this plan with our GMs every time there was a change in Public Health Protocol. If this happens again, we will have the structure in place to implement as per Public Health directives.
- Have your GM’s and DOC’s talk through together with staff their plans surrounding what will happen if a resident or staff member:
- is showing symptoms
- tests positive
- returns from the hospital
- passes away
Practice Open Transparent Communication
Some of our strategies included:
- Transparency modeled and requested from the top down.
- Encourage General Managers and Directors of Care to ask for help if they need it.
- Send out regular updates to residents and their families.
- Send out regular updates to staff.
This document is not intended to provide the basis of any credit or other evaluation, does not constitute or form part of any offer or invitation to sell or issue, or any solicitation of any offer to purchase or subscribe for, any securities, nor shall any part of this document form the basis of, or be relied on in connection with, any contract or investment decision in relation to any securities.
This documents contains forward-looking information and are provided for the purpose of presenting information about management’s current expectations and plans relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that such statements may not be appropriate for other purposes. All statements other than statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements and include statements relating to the outlook of the senior living sector and Levante’s anticipated value creation strategy. Forward-looking statements are based upon a number of assumptions and are subject to a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, including the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on Levante’s financial condition, the senior living sector, and society as a whole, that could cause actual results to differ materially from those that are disclosed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. There can be no assurance that forward-looking information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those expected or estimated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. Levante is not under any duty to update any of the forward-looking statements except as otherwise required by applicable legislation.